The conference proceedings are no longer available.
The final conference program including a detailed schedule and presentation abstracts can be found by following the link: Conference Program
The 9th International Conference on Boiling and Condensation Heat Transfer will be held from April 26-29, 2015 in Boulder, CO, USA. In keeping with previous meetings, the focus will be to provide researchers the opportunity to present and discuss novel work, while also identifying future needs in this critical area of research. Papers related to boiling, condensation, heat transfer enhancement, physical and numerical modeling, as well as experimental techniques will be discussed. This conference is the latest in a series that has been held in Santa Barbara, Banff, Irsee, Alyeska, Jamaica, Spoleto, Florianopolis, and Lausanne.
Topics to be discussed include, but are not limited to:
- Pool boiling and bubble dynamics.
- Flow boiling in micro- and macro-channels.
- Enhanced bundle boiling.
- Critical heat flux
- Boiling in plate heat exchangers.
- Boiling in electronic cold plates.
- Convective condensation in micro- and macro-channels.
- Enhanced condensation.
- Condensation in plate heat exchangers.
- Falling film evaporation and condensation.
- Boiling and condensation of mixtures.
- Two-phase heat transfer devices.
- Novel two-phase measurement and visualization techniques.
- Numerical simulation and modeling of boiling and condensation phenomena.
All authors are required to submit 1-2 page extended abstracts. Authors will then be given the option of submitting full papers to be presented in oral sessions. Selected full papers have the option of being reviewed for publication in a special issue of the Heat Transfer Engineering journal (Editor-in Chief Afshin Ghajar) if appropriate. Those submitting abstracts only will be assigned to oral sessions as space permits or to a poster session.
Download conference announcement (0.6 MB)
|Submission of Abstract||
|Author Notification of Presentation Acceptance|
|Draft Papers Due|
|Notification of Draft Paper Acceptance||
January 15, 2015
|Final Papers Due||
February 15, 2015
|Early Bird Registration||
Early January-March 6, 2015
March 7-April 3, 2015
|International Conference on Boiling and Condensation Heat Transfer||
April 26-29, 2015